Vanderbilt University Coordinator for Aquatics - VTS in Nashville, Tennessee
Coordinator for Aquatics - VTS (Job Number: 1801534)
This is a temporary position.
The Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for the daily management of the pool and aquatic reservations and programs. This position is directly responsible for maintenance, event supervision, 3 rd party reservations, and overall swim team program direction. Additionally, the position will work closely with CampVandy (youth summer camp) and year round youth programming, specifically the summer swim team. Additionally, the position acts as a liaison for the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center with University and community patrons.
Vanderbilt Athletics Department prepares student-athletes to become leaders and champions in life by placing the highest values on integrity, character, sportsmanship and victory.
Duties, Responsibilities,and Expected Outcomes:
· Manage pool and pump room facilities and chemicals.
· Primary contact with 3 rd party reservations in the pool, responsible for corresponding with Rec Facilities and ensuring compliance with University, Rec and POM policies.
· Develop the group and private lessons schedule and pair swim instructors with the participants based on availability.
· Responsible for communicating reservations and cancellations with University patrons, students, and community members.
· Teach CPR/AED/FA, Lifeguard classes and WSI classes.
· Advise all assigned aquatic club sports teams and Masters programs.
· Direct and manage the Swim Team, Aqua’Dores, including recruitment, participant/family communication, registrations and coaching responsibilities.
· Perform Lifeguard duties and teach swim lessons as needed.
· Responsible for aquatic equipment/supplies inventory and upkeep.
· Publicize aquatic programs and events with the assistance of the marketing coordinator.
· Submit marketing request forms for Aqua’Dores, and 3 rd party reservations (if applicable).
· Responsible for drafting press releases and social media content. Assist in the management of the Vanderbilt Rec Youth Programs Facebook page.
· Collect patron counts and advertise pool hours and closures based on programming and reservations.
· Assist with facility maintenance management and improvement.
· Assist with the management, training, and evaluation of Swim Instructors and Lifeguards.
· Enforce pool policies and staff expectations communicated during hiring, training, and evaluation.
· Develop and implement new youth programs based on industry trends and standards.
· Heavily involved with youth programming, specifically summer camp. Including assisting with the recruiting, hiring, and training of camp staff, weekly scheduling and program development.
· Assist in the management of the Vanderbilt Rec Youth Programs Facebook page.
· Administer regular assessments of youth programs; maintain detailed records.
· Initiate strategic partnerships with campus and community partners to design educational youth programs that will positively impact the campus.
· Advises on staffing needs for assigned areas.
· Assist with yearly budget preparation for direct areas.
· Monitor expenditures in accordance with the approved budget.
· Assist in the production of communications, publications, and outreach material using multiple technologies and social media.
· Implement risk management policies and procedures.
· Enforce University policies and compliance standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position is exempt hourly and is expected to work Monday – Friday. Weekends and evening hours are required.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Parks and Recreation Management, Sports Management, Physical Education, or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience working in Aquatics (pool management, operations, swim programs, and day camps); 2+ years of experience working in Youth Programs and Aquatics is preferred.
· Must be proficient in swimming and safety skills.
· Experience in Youth Program Development, Fiscal Management, and Staff Development preferred.
· Must be flexible and able to adapt easily to changes that occur on short notice.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and relate to youth, parents, staff, and patrons.
· Current American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/FA Certification, Current Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification.
· CPO (or must obtain within 90 days).
· Ability to lift 40 lbs.
· WSI-T Certification preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization: 40800 - Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center
Job: Temporary Positions
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action