Vanderbilt University Cashier/Food Production Worker PYS (Barista) in Nashville, Tennessee
Cashier/Food Production Worker PYS (Barista) (Job Number: 1802027)
Cashier/FoodProduction Worker (BARISTA)
A cashier food production worker role is to provide customer service to guests and to assist with food preparation. This position will operate a point of sale system and manage the guest check out process. Main duties include ringing up sales, validating menu prices, honoring coupons, collecting payment, giving appropriate change and completing basic food preparation duties. Responsible for counting the contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift, maintaining receipts, records and withdrawals.
· Previous customer service and food service experience preferred
· Experience operating a point of sale device preferred
Dailyjob duties may include:
· Operate a point of sale device while adhering to Vanderbilt Campus Dining cash handling regulations
· Assist with food preparation
· Perform basic cooking techniques
· Complete production and log sheets as assigned (including taking and logging food temperatures)
· Maintain and stock food and beverage stations
· Provide on-the-job training to new hires
· Perform all other duties as assigned and/or when needed
· Lead by example and follow customer service standards outlined in the employee handbook.
· Works in a team-driven environment, takes direction, delegates tasks and assists with problem-solving
· Understands Vanderbilt Campus Dining Meal Plans and has the ability to explain the guidelines of the plan to customers
Safety and Sanitation:
· Maintains quality, safety and sanitary standards of State and City Health Departments and Vanderbilt Campus Dining codes
· Maintains clean and orderly work area and complete other general cleaning duties
· Reports to management any safety hazards and equipment in need of repair
· Active Listening – gives full attention to what others are saying and takes the time to understand the points being made.
· Helpful Nature – offers to help lighten the load for others in times of need, volunteers rather than waiting to be asked.
· Maturity – exhibits professional maturity in the workplace; doesn’t engage in petty arguments or inappropriate social conduct and encourages others to uphold professional maturity in the workplace.
· Teamwork – values teamwork and co-workers; works to make others feel valuable and important by acknowledging what others do well.
· Reliable – does what they say they will do, when they say they will do it. Shows up for work when expected and doesn’t push the burden of work volume onto others.
· Raises the bar – expects and delivers excellent customer service to customers, co-workers and team.
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. regularly
· Ability to bend, stoop and kneel while stocking shelves
About Vanderbilt Benefits
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University offers a competitive, flexible benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, disability insurance, paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match. Vanderbilt offers tuition assistance to employees, spouses and dependent children. Also, after five years of service, Vanderbilt will pay up to 55% of the tuition for up to three dependent children to earn a bachelor's degree. Learn more about Vanderbilt's benefits at VU BenefitsOverview at https://hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits/2018-Benefits-Overview_Future-Employees.pdf .
About Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt is a renowned private institution founded in 1873 and located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. The university’s students and faculty frequently cite Nashville and the surrounding area as one of the many perks of being a part of the Vanderbilt community. Vanderbilt University is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt was recently ranked #2 for “best quality of life” and “great financial aid,” #5 for “best run colleges” and “beautiful campus,” and #6 for both being in a “college city that students love” and having “great campus/city relations.”
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization: 36548 - Local Java
Job: Service/Maintenance Staff
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action